Are you a young driven professional with analytical mind, practical life experience and have multi knowledge understanding of projects and problems? Do you find satisfaction in analyzing and solving problems, and consequently executing on the solution you found?
NCU is looking for a passionate problem-solver who can identify problems and opportunities and ultimately provide solutions that help to achieve the company’s goal.
Founded in 2013, NCU is a private holding company with a growing number of investments in foundational businesses in Indonesia. We define foundational businesses, as businesses delivering products or services that satisfies the basic human needs for living and growing. This means our businesses ranges from supplying raw food materials to housing to new technology development that makes the lives of people easier. At NCU, we build and invest in businesses in industries like agriculture, property, processing of products and others.
We are looking for an analytical-minded person who can assist our company’s Board of Directors in evaluating projects, products and investments. Under the supervision of NCU’s Board of Directors, we expect you to work efficiently both in the office and on the ground. You will work directly with the Board of Directors and use of maximum capability to give your best analysis towards the tasks given to you, assist with the execution of a new business idea or project, and work to build the team for such a new area of business or project.
The key role in general is to create a detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions for projects, product and investment. We are looking for a smart person, who has a broad perspective about Indonesia, South East Asia and global world in many aspects, including business, finance, politics and how these factors affect decision-making in NCU. It’s important for you to have good understanding about macro-economic factors and how Indonesia and the world work.
For you to perform best in the position having a practical understanding of life is key, as too much theory can stop you from solving problems that doesn’t fit with a theory.
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within various projects;
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analysis and projections into strategic decision-making.
- Evaluating a company based on the accounting numbers, assets, management expertise and counter in all these factors when assessing a company;
- Listing and evaluating risks of the above-mentioned factors and giving Board of Directors a clear idea of what risks to work to eliminate for projects, products and investment;
- Understand micro and macro economy and business environment of Indonesia and Southeast Asia;
- Understand political situations in Indonesia; both central and local, and the factors that impact the political situation;
- Making clear and easy to understand presentations of projects, products and investment based on data analysis;
- Able to go on site to evaluate projects based on people interviews, local area knowledge gathering and relevant primary data gathering methods;
- Build external relationship with clients, governments, and potential partners to move forward with the projects and investment; and
- Executing on projects once researched by making checklists, plans, requirement for personnel needed, hiring and starting the project.
- 1-2 years of working experience in relevant field is preferred but not required;
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, finance, economics, or other related field studies;
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills;
- Strong English, science and math skills;
- Excellent learning capability, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skill
- Flexible and capable of handling multiple tasks and responsibilities.
How to apply
We want to get a sense of how you think. Send your CV (to email@example.com) and please use your cover letter to share with us your take on the following questions in half a page:
- Give us an example of a business that you think markets themselves particularly well? Who’s doing an outstanding job out there? And why?
- What’s inspired you lately? What’s the most creative thing you’ve seen or experienced in the last few years?
Please note that above responsibilities constitute only the main responsibilities and duties of this position. NCU is a growth company and we expect our employees to undertake any other relevant tasks that are allocated to them, but which are not part of their responsibilities. We seek to develop our employees’ personal and technical skills by challenging them with a diverse set of tasks and responsibilities.